cPanel - Email Forwarders
How to use Email Forwarders in cPanel?
There are two types of forwarders available, first to forward an email account to another one. Second is to forward all emails to a domain.
Create an Email Account Forwarder
Step 1 − Open Email Forwarders by clicking on the link of Forwarders found in cPanel Home.
Step 2 − In the Forwarders Interface, you will find Create an Email Account Forwarder.
Step 3 − Press Add Forwarder Button, it will take you to a similar interface like this.
Step 4 − Enter the Address of the email which you want to forward. It is not necessary that the email must be already created. If you do not create an email and forward it to somewhere, the only difference will be that your emails will not be stored in the mailbox of the original email, because that mailbox will not exist.
Step 5 − Enter destination where you want your email to be forwarded.
- Select Forward to Email Address and fill the textbox with an existing email, where you want your emails to be received.
- Select Discard and send an error to the sender. If you want to discard that message and supply a failure message to the sender. You can also customize the Failure message, enter the message in textbox.
· Select Forward to a System Account, if you want your emails to be sent to a system account, and provide a system account name.
· Select Pipe to a program, if you want your emails to send to a program and enter the pathname of your program with the file extension.
· Select Discard and system will simply discard the email and will do nothing. Select your choice accordingly.
Step 6 − Click Add Forwarder to save the changes you made.
In Advance Options −
Add Domain Forwarder
Step 1 − Click on Add Domain Forwarder button, which can be found under Create an Email Forwarder of Forwarder interface.
Step 2 − In the textbox next to your domain, enter the domain on which you will be receiving the emails.
Step 3 − Press Add Domain Forwarder button to save the changes.
Delete an Email Forwarder
To delete an email forwarder, click on delete link corresponding to the forwarder you want to delete.
For Email account forwarder
For Domain Forwarders –
It will ask for your permission before deleting the forwarders, click Delete Forwarder to delete the Email Forwarder.